Curious building


Hello everyone, instead of talking about a single house I would like to talk about a group of houses with a unique style that gives an identity to a neighborhood, that is Yungay in the commune of Quinta Normal. The first time I see this type of old houses was when I was a child, in that time I like a lot the streets, the houses and the daily life of the neighborhood. Now that I´m studying architecture I had the opportunity to visit again the place, with another vision and knowledge. One of the things that caught my attention was the mixture of architecture because there houses with a style from the IXX century to these days. The houses characterized by having a continuous façade that mostly does not pass the two floors and have a small space for the pedestrians because long time ago the cars didn´t exist. Like I said before is the mixture of periods that gives the identity to this place, is not only in the architecture but also in the culture and the people, that is I like the most. A few time ago, I was walking there and I saw a building that had two different conditions it was like the time didn´t pass in a half of the structure, if I have to choose one building I take that because represents the reality of these new era and is an example of restoration.



Comentarios

  1. My mom live near of this neighborhood, for her this is so especial, since the moment of poverty of them to the actuality.

    ResponderBorrar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas más populares de este blog

A friend :D

The last blog :(

Passionate about movies